Thursday 18 February 2010

She's finished! or Mary goes back to school!

On Saturday, whilst staying at the Holiday Inn in Doncaster I put the final stitches into Mary Wigham. Ackworth is not that far away from Doncaster, so on Sunday morning we went there.


I finished her off today by hemstitching all round. This was my first attempt at hemstitching. It took about an hour to set it up and over an hour to stitch each of the sides.


As a result of a counting error, probably caused by altering so many of the motifs, I was unable to fit in the two half flower motifs on the upper to mid right hand side. I also chose not to add the initials but I did put in my own with the date. So for the record this was done on 32 ct lambswool linen with Caron Wildflowers Blueberry. I used Gutermann colour 169, an perfect match, for the finishing.

Good luck to the rest of you out there with this project.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done Jen and it looks amazing! Great pic of it outside the school too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Jen, I love the hemstitching and that you could get to Ackworth too! You're a great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!!!!!! Congratulations on a lovely finish and being able to take Mary home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Jen, I love the blue colour and how nice to be able to take Mary to visit her old school especially after finishing her in the neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jen, what a lovely finishe and very special being able to finish her 'at home' too.

    ReplyDelete