Monday 1 June 2009

About me...

Just a little note to say hello. Most folks know me as Quietly Stitching and know my stitching habits but for those who don't:

My love of stitching started about 18 years ago where my first kit was a Country Companions kit. I dipped in and out of stitching for a few years and then got the bug really bad when I got on the internet.

The internet opened up a whole new world of stitching to me, especially the US market and also showed me various ways of finishing that I had never come across before.

I managed an msn stitching group for a while but things turned a tad nasty and someone who I trusted, who I made a manager, actually booted me off my own site! This put me off the internet for a while but then after a few years I discovered blogging and some of the nicest people in the world!!

The last few years have been amazing. I have been involved in exchanges, meet ups, stitch alongs, no round robins as yet (too scared), and met some lovely people in real life who have been and still are great friends. I have learned so much and added to my skills, different techniques, finishings and stitches. My stash has grown tremendously and I am an avid collector of charts and threads and fabrics.

My tastes have changed somewhat since my first CC kit. I moved from cutesy designs to Mirabilia to more traditions samplers and folksy designs from the US. I have a particular fondness for Carriage House Samplings and Exampler Dames and Blackbird Designs and Needleprint of course. I also like french designs too.

I am currently running the Beatrix Potter SAL which is full. This has been a wonderful experience and I love seeing all the different pieces together. The girls are working ever so hard on it and "these" samplers are no small feat! I can tell you from experience they are no walk in the park. This is why it is so good to be part of an SAL so you can watch and be encouraged by each others' progress. That is what this SAL is about. I am honoured to have been asked to host this blog for the UK and will strive to encourage everyone to keep going with Mary.

Speaking of Mary, I will be using the given, specified threads on either 36 or 40 count fabric over 2. Not decided which yet.

Other info about me: Married with two children - daughter aged 6 and son aged 16 months. Christian. Live a simple life. I am a stay at home mum. I used to teach secondary English but gave up to look after my dd.

So that's me. What about you??

Please post us a little about yourself so we can get to know one another a little better. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment